Our safety also protects you.
Jobsites can be a dangerous place, especially when all necessary safety precautions and procedures are not followed. Our safety programs are based on the principles that any injury can be prevented.
Through our safety training program, we educate officers on their responsibility to work safely and to strive to prevent injury to themselves and others. We make our officers aware of unsafe acts people commit, and we teach them to identify unsafe working conditions, recognize safety issues and respond appropriately. Sunstates Security has recognized the importance of having a formal safety program and has employed a full–time Training & Safety Manager.
Recognizing that our officers, managers, trainers and other security officials are on site, we know that our own proactive approach to safety will help maintain a safer work environment for everybody. We have implemented a comprehensive safety program to help protect your property, your patrons and your employees. These are some of the measures in place that do just that.
Sunstates Accident Free Environment (SAFE Program) is designed to promote safe work practices through training programs in information. Additionally, clients can request advanced officer training such as CPR, first aid, AED, bloodborne pathogens, defensive driving and other safety–related topics.
Total Quality Management Approach includes attention to these specific areas:
- Company Safety Manual
- Sunstates Security’s Workplace Safety Program (outlined below)
- Company Fleet Vehicle Safety Program
- Computer and Video Training Programs
- Incident Prevention Programs
- Accident or Incident Review
- Hazard Communication Awareness and Right to Know Compliance
- Safety Assist Visits with Process and Procedure Review
Workplace Safety Program provides an ongoing source of information to heighten day-to-day on-the-job safety awareness and hazard recognition among all levels of personnel (officers, supervisors and managers) that might be a cause of concern that includes:
- Onsite Safety Training
- Safety Orientation Programs
- Ongoing web–based Safety Training
- Frequent safety communications: bulletins, newsletter and safety literature
- General safety guidelines, rules regulations and procedures for all employees to follow
- Emergency Response Training
- Incident and Accident Investigations and Reponse
- Self–guided Training Programs
- Safety Guide Sheets
- Safety Work Rules
- Employee Defensive Driving Program
- Specific Safety Training as required by our clients
Safety Assist Visits are randomly performed at all client sites to evaluate the effectiveness of processes and systems to create a safe working environment for employees and those around them.
Fleet Vehicle Safety Program addresses issues in a preventive manner surrounding company vehicle collisions. In addition, we implement a screening and selection process to those Sunstates employees operating company vehicles. These proactive policies include:
- Motor Vehicle Record Check
- Driver’s Questionnaire
- Written road sign test
- Written traffic test
- Driving road tests
- Four-hour defensive driving course