ACTIVE SHOOTER – RUN. HIDE. FIGHT.
In the wake of the Aurora, Colorado mass shooting, the City of Houston released an Active Shooter training video funded by the Department of Homeland Security. The video “Run. Hide. Fight. Surviving an Active Shooter Event” provides steps individuals should take should they encounter an active shooter situation.
The video encourages citizens to evaluate the situation and:
• Run if a safe path is available. Always try and escape or evacuate even if others insist on staying.
• Encourage others to leave with you but don’t let the indecision of others slow down your own effort to escape.
• Once you are out of the line of fire, try to prevent others from walking into the danger zone and call 9-1-1.
• If you can’t get out safely, find a place to hide.
• When hiding, turn out lights, remember to lock doors and silence your ringer and vibration mode on your cell phone.
• As a last resort, working together or alone, act with aggression, use improvised weapons and fight.
To view “Run. Hide. Fight. Surviving an Active Shooter Event” click the play button below:
To help you prepare your organization in the event of an active shooter situation contact Sunstates Security today: 1-866-710-2019 or firstname.lastname@example.org
About Sunstates Security
Based in Raleigh, N.C., Sunstates Security provides uniformed security personnel and security consulting services to clients throughout the Southeast, as well as in the Northeast and Southwest. The company is certified as a Women’s Business Enterprise by the Greater Business Women’s Council, a regional certifying partner of the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC).