Sunstates Emergency Services, a division of Sunstates Security, has multiple Firefighter job openings in and surrounding Peoria, IL. Looking to join a reputable company with great benefits, apply today.
Visit our application page and select the firefighter job posting closest to you. Locations include:
- Mapleton, Illinois
- Mossville, Illinois
- Peoria, Illinois
HIRING IMMEDIATELY: Firefighter Jobs Peoria Illinois
Sunstates Emergency Services is hiring full-time and part-time Firefighters in the Peoria area. All days and shifts are available, including weekends. These non-exempt positions offer a starting annual salary of $59,488 plus overtime for certified firefighters and $48,048 plus overtime for uncertified firefighters.
Industry-leading employee benefits that include weekly pay, 401k savings plan with a company match, affordable medical, dental & vision benefits, employee referral bonuses, paid time off, premium holiday pay, tuition reimbursement, and more available for qualified candidates!
Firefighter Job Details:
REQUIRED CERTIFICATIONS: (If not currently certified, must be obtained within 12 months of hire)
- Firefighter 2/Basic Operations
- Hazardous Materials Operations
- State of IL EMT B or higher
REQUIREMENTS (Uncertified Positions):
- Current/recent firefighter experience (includes volunteer firefighter)
- Certifications listed above must be obtained within 12 months of hire.
- Tuition/registration fees for these courses can be billed directly to Sunstates or paid to the employee via direct payroll deposit.
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner
- Display exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Have intermediate computer skills to operate innovative, wireless technology at client-specific sites
- This is considered a safety-sensitive position and is subject to both the Company’s and the Client’s Drug and Alcohol Testing Policy, which includes: pre-employment testing, post-accident testing, random testing, reasonable suspicion testing, return to duty testing, and follow-up testing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for emergency response from the assigned post which can include fire, medical, hazardous material, and confined space emergencies
- The basic inspection related to fire systems and equipment
- Act as a visible deterrent to crime and client rule infractions
- Detect and report any suspicious activity or unsafe acts that may be a threat to property, clients, guests or employees
- May operate emergency vehicles based on assignment and need
- Ability to handle crisis situations at the client site, calmly and efficiently
- Safely respond to emergency incidents, fight fires, mitigate hazardous material incidents, rescue trapped persons in confined spaces, and administer basic life support (BLS) treatment
- Able to perform firefighting duties including advancing hose lines, fire apparatus pump operations, safely operating power tools, climbing ladders, and wearing firefighter protective gear including self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA) weighing approximately 70 pounds.
- Work in various environments such as cold weather, rain/snow, or heat
- Occasionally lift or carry up to 80 pounds
- Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders during shift
- Stand or walk on various surfaces for long periods of time
A Firefighter may perform a multitude of duties as specified by the Post Orders and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP). The Firefighter must read and become extremely knowledgeable of Post Orders and SOP, and will be able to act quickly and efficiently according to such directives
We reinvest in our employees by offering a benefits package that exceeds industry standards, career growth opportunities, extensive internal training, employee incentive programs, team recognition, and more. Employees are provided with the tools and knowledge they need to be successful and hands-on management support.
Recent national awards received by Sunstates include Outstanding Contract Security Company in 2022 & 2023 and INC’s America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies list.
Sunstates Security’s mission and vision statement are at the heart of everything we do, focusing all efforts on honor, integrity, and trust. If you’re searching for a career with challenging and rewarding opportunities, we invite you to explore the possibilities at Sunstates Security. As a proactive security partner for some of the country’s leading companies and organizations, we provide careers for talented people to become part of a successful, growing company.
Apply today for a Firefighter Job in our Illinois region today.