Sunstates Security Named Largest Women-Owned Businesses
in Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill
Sunstates Security is excited to receive the award again from the Triangle Business Journal for the Largest Women-Owned Business in the Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill area. Sunstates continues to grow and spread its presence across the country; the success of our operating philosophy is reflected in a client retention rate of over 95% and our 48% growth in 2022. Providing security personnel services to various specialized markets, we’re privately owned and have a distinguished way of conducting business.
Sunstates Security is proudly a woman-owned business with CEO Kathryn Burrell, teamed with her husband, Glenn Burrell, President. Kathryn is a true leader; her dedication to maintaining the company’s core values through our growth is how the company succeeds. She enjoys visiting sites to meet officers and team members in person and engage in conversations. By partnering with Sunstates, your organization shares our commitment to promoting diversity and opportunity for all. That same commitment drives us to provide opportunities to all people—regardless of gender, race, age, lifestyle, etc.—at every level within Sunstates. For information about our national Women’s Business Enterprise certification from the Greater Business Women’s Council, visit their site.
To view the entire list of the Largest Women-Owned Businesses in Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill, click here. Congrats to all of the Women-Owned Businesses in the Triangle area and across the nation.
What Sets Sunstates Apart?
- Company Structure: As a privately held organization with no engagement in industry consolidation, Sunstates is focused on our core business as opposed to being caught in an ongoing cycle of mergers and acquisitions that may negatively impact service performance and result in excessively high turnover.
- Management Approach: Sunstates caps management portfolio size to an average of 2,000 hours per week to allow Operations Managers to be a consistent onsite presence to provide hands-on management support for security officers, perform regular quality assurance checks, and interact directly with clients regularly.
- Reinvestment in Employees: Because Sunstates is privately held and debt-free, the executive management team has the resources and authority to reinvest profit into the company and employees. Notably, Sunstates offers benefits packages that exceed industry standards and are targeted toward taking exceptional care of our people.
- A state-of-the-art online learning platform that is monitored and updated regularly to address evolving protocols and introduce new material in response to emerging issues (e.g., COVID-19 protocol, vaccination information, civil unrest policies). Ongoing training is assigned and tracked to ensure officers stay knowledgeable regarding service requirements and stay abreast of the latest industry trends.
- Continuous celebration and recognition of team performance achievements through multiple platforms, including social media and the company newsletter, as well as Officer of the Quarter and Officer of the Year recognition.